Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It sure doesn't suck to be me . . . I remind myself

Quick Update, Friends!

Originally, I was scheduled on a Basler flight on the 29th of October.
Now the Basler flights have been pushed back, and I've been switched to an LC-130 (Hercules) flight on the 4th of November.
Stay tuned, I guarantee this will change six or seven more times in the next six or seven days. Bureaucrats are frantically organizing, inputting, and color-coding schedules that will inevitably change by the time they print them out.
You learn to 'be flexible' - corporate virtue #1.

The temperature today at South Pole was -69 F.
We will not fly until the temperature warms to -50F.
Until then, I will remain in McMurdo, laboring to say busy, but effectively unemployed, for at least two more weeks.
We are all itching to go south, but I am trying to keep in mind, that there are certainly worse places to be stranded and well-paid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home