Friday, September 12, 2008

Alex and Lucas, I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!

2 days at home, being proked and prodded, in order to PQ (physically qualify) for a precedented thrid season on the ice. Then I was off again, for a short trip to Chicago via the train, to visit aunty and unky John and Sue.
We had a wonderful evening: watching his holiness Barack Obama, sampling exquisite pizza, wine, and authentic Italian pastry, and discussing the jarring loss of his ex-holiness, Brett Favre.
After nine months detatched from the political news gravy train, I was sucked immediately back in, willingly and happily, to the FOX and MSNBC presidential circus. Barack was eloquent and strong: we are still in Love. I Heart you forever, Obama.
A million billion thanx for an absolutely lovely evening, John and Sue. All the things I missed most dearly, you treated me to in the finest fashion. I will remember this evening with great fondness for some time now - my sincere graditude to you . . .

I thoroughly enjoyed my short time in Chicago - my prejudices about 'the city' and gave way to a place of culture, awe, and beauty. Chicago certainly rquires more exploration . . .





After too short a time in the city, I bummed a ride to Burkettsville, Ohio for the wedding of my two Ice lovers, Alex and Lucas. Rarely do you find people so sweet, and so ideal for one another. The wedding was kick-ass: a heartfelt ceremony, though that whole communion thing did drag on a bit . . .











The resception was held in a park across the street from the Church. The food was primarily purchased from the Amish auction - all orgain, all good. As if that wasn't enough, there was an open bar and a grass dance floor. I was in heaven. Big Ups to Alex and Lucas for planning a PERFECT wedding. The laid back atmosphere allowed everyone to have good time, let loose. Especially this girl, pictured below, who hoola-hooped for five hours straight.



The first dance . . .



You may watch 'Dancing with the Stars,' but I guarantee you that you ain't seen nothing yet. Lucas is my mad dancing hero - save a dance for me in McMurdo, Lucas . . .



If I ever get married, I will make only one request of my bride: Please, please, for the Love of God, do not play "the Electric Slide" at the wedding. It hurts the eyes.



In Ohio, corn is big, and ice cream is bigger . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home