Tuesday, February 26, 2008

So it begins . . .

Things are beginning to fall into place.
I bought a bike for $200 yesterday and I will pick it up today.  I will once again be travelling with a system of bucket panniers, duct tape, and bungees.
I travel south tomorrow, in anticipation of coastal vistas, mountains, penguins, fjordlands, and in hopes of meeting up with my hero, Steve Kafka.
Not sure how long I will be here, maybe only long enough to travel about 1500 k or so, depending on whether I summon the courage to do an alpine crossing (Lewis or Arthur's pass).
I'm entering this trip with a bit of trepidation, with feelings of being a bit lost.  As always, I search for my answers on the road . . . 
I will see you all soon, my friends and lovers.

2 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Hey Evan,

Glad to see you made it all right to New Zealand. Let me know how you're doing if you get a chance. Good luck on your journey - I'm sure it will be brilliant.

-Marino

P.S. I was glad to see you managed to do a real "Polar Plunge". I hope it wasn't too much worse than when we did it in Madison.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Mommo said...

Hi Evan,
You made it off the ice! And now you are back on the bike. Can you give us some idea (map wise) of where you biked in NZ (South Island) last year vs where you plan to go this year?
Please ride safe, we love you and miss you!

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home