Thursday, February 21, 2008

Stranded (Part II) . . .

My bags are packed . . .
I'm ready to go . . .
But I'm not leaving on a jet plane . . .

Planes are grounded again. My flight was scheduled for Thursday, the 21st. Today is Friday the 22nd, and we're currently in the midst of a 30 hr weather hold on all flights. The next scheduled flight leaves Christchurch on Saturday, the 23rd at 1pm, which would arrive here at around 6pm and then return to Christchurch at about 1am in the morning on the Sunday the 24th. Of course, that will not happen, weather forecasts continue to look dreary. We could leave tomorrow morning, we could leave next week. As usual, we are remaining 'flexible'.

A wise woman once told me, "It used to be that the man on top was the meanest, hardest son of a bitch in the room. Nowadays, the best survival skill is 'flexibility'". Don't ask me what that means, just know that it rings of truth.

I paced myself so that I would be exhausted and ready to go yesterday. Now, I have two more days of working and goodbye dance parties. Maybe I can catch some ZZZ's in thge loader today . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home