Monday, January 22, 2007

Marathon!



The marathoners being driven to the race trailhead in "Ivan the Terra Bus"



"Ivan the Terra Bus"



The starting line! Naive fools.



Well, I finished it! I may not have been the fastest. I may not have been the prettiest. But at least I skied it with a little hometown pride! MOOOOOOOOOO!!!!



Other competitors commented that my 'mooing' during the race really added to my costume. I told them, those weren't animal sounds, it was me crying out for my mooooooooooommy!

1 Comments:

Blogger chubalicious said...

Birkie . . . NO DOUBT. We're going to do it . . . and we're going to regret it! Do you skate ski, Marie? Hey that rhymes!
I just learned about this race in Sweden called the vasaloppet, the world's longest (90k), oldest(85 yrs), and largest(15,000 racers) cross-country ski race! "In the footsteps of our forefathers for the victories of tomorrow"

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home