Monday, January 14, 2008

Kite-skiing

While I was down here last year, I met a legend named GA Joe that is big into kite-sporting. He took me out kite-skiing (Kite-dragging would be a more apt description) on the ice shelf a few times. Then, in the states, while I was cycling down the west coast, GA Joe was kind enough to show me the ropes of Kite-surfing. In no time, I was hooked . . .


Kite Sporting involves a big-ass kite (similar to what paragliders use, but smaller) that attches to a harness on your body. The strings of the kite attatch to a bar that you use to control the the direction of the kite and generate 'pull'.





So, this season, I bought a kite and had it shipped down here. All I can say, is that this is THE adventure sport - its like you're flying on the snow, or through the water - simply incredible.


Now, all I have to do, in is figure out how to control the direction in which I'm flying . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home