Saturday, December 02, 2006

Update!

So,
here's a quick summary of whats going on in my fragmented and fleeting mind:

- My lone penguin sighting is still managing to sustain me

- My chollo boss has taken quite a 'shine' to me

- Morning ski sessions

- 75 hours per week with the EXACT SAME group of people. I feel like I'm on the front lines of WW1: trench foot, noxious gases, entire weeks are spent with the same people in the same 10 sq foot area. Wait . . . am I on the winning or losing side?

- Video cameras everywhere! Everyone and their dog is interested in filming the galley at McMurdo station. MSNBC, NOVA, PBS, and Werner Herzog have all interviewed us and filmed the dish and pot room (Werner was wearing a Badgers sweatshirt and said he LOVED Wisconsin!). I must be missing something here! I keep telling them, we're just a bunch of college educated suckers scrubbing pots. There's nothing novel, nothing interesting here. Just pot scrubbing. Nevertheless, they appear incessantly interested in learning abouth the 'dishwashing experience'. I always tell them, "I'll give you an apron and a scrubbie and you can truly come to know the 'antarctic experience'". For whatever resaon, however, they always seem to decline.

- Skirt night at Scott Base. The cross-dressing is starting to lose its novelty.

- 'Insane Imaginings', my radio show, every Sunday night at 10pm, where full grown men become children.

- Snow, trees, stars . . . I miss you so!

- Sleep depriva . . . aaaa . . . uh . . . huh . . . thump . . .;dklghgh;dklga'sjgl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home