Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Overdue Update

Friends and Family!
I miss you so much! I've been gone a month, and it feels like I've been away so long. News of Yuker games and Mercer trips is making me homesick.
Speaking of news . . . how bout them dems, eh! The house AND the Senate! As Napolean Dynamite would say, "vote for me and all your wildest dreams will come true". Well, I'm a believer. Going into the election, I had grown quite cynical, with the view that, even if the democrates won congress, they lacked the vision, unity, and leadership to get anything done. Now I'm more hopeful. At the least, the executive branch will be faced with a balance, and Iraq will be encountered from a more realistic viewpoint.
The Democratic party now appears to be a mixed bag, with pro gun and pro lifers getting elected. Dare I say, the possibility for bipartisanship? Oh, silly naive Evan. Grow up. Hope and politics do not mix.
Bummed to see Russ isn't running for prez. Now 1/4 of my t-shirts make no sense. Furthermore, my christmas present for Marie has become null and void. Marie, do you still want it?
As far as my sanity, I'm hanging in there. I'm still in transition period. So many new people is overwhelming, intense. Add to that sleep deprivation, 24 hour sunlight, 60 hours of salvation per week, three roommates in box, and the most desolate environment on earth, and you've got a recipe for a pretty intense state of mind.
But things are going well. You'll notice i posted some pics of me volunteering for the rive team and taking a trip on a Delta to One of Scott's huts near Cape Evans. So I'm getting out as much as I can, which is essential.
The toughest part of the job is hearing about the awesome things people are doing and seeing, and having to grit my teeth and act happy for them as I remain chained to the galley.
I've met quite a few burning man veterans on the ice. On Monday, we're having whats called a decompression meeting. Burners have these meetings all throughout the world all year long to keep the spirit alive in their indiviudal communities. I'm really excited to meet all the antartic burners, and reminisce. Can't wait for Green Man '07!
Talk to y'all soon!
my electronic love, sent the world round

1 Comments:

Blogger chubalicious said...

Rock on Anna!

3:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home